Friday, August 7, 2009

For the love of bacon.....

Is it a cake or a bread? Is it a meal, snack or dessert?

I don't know - too many decisions involved in those two questions. The simple answer is, "who cares" LOL?! Speaking from experience - it all of these and delicious to boot!

Pineapple pound cake
Pineapple glaze
Bacon

I forgot to poke holes so the glaze would ooze into the cake....

















Yes - bacon!

Best served at room temperature or slightly warmed!

Next time - mini-loaves would be a good choice.....






I wonder what sort of jam would go well??? Maybe a better question is what sort of jam wouldn't go well!!!

2 comments:

  1. The pound cake looks so nice and tall! I'm still a little hesitant about trying the bacon-dessert combo even though it looks tempting. I don't know what it is.. maybe I just can't get passed mixing dessert with meat. I was one of those annoying kids who could never mix their carrots and peas though. Everything had to be separate. You don't want to know how long it took me to finally start adding nuts to recipes! Yep... not too adventurous with add ins..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but that's just gross. :)
    BACON??? and BAKING??? Wow - wherever did you find that recipe. The cake looks perfect though - it's hard (at least for me) to get a nicely-risen pound cake. They're so touchy. Love the pineapple pound cake idea... hm... (might skip the bacon here, though). Nice and "daring" Jeff!

    ReplyDelete