Monday, August 10, 2009

TWD: BROWNIE BUTTONS

Gotta love brownies - especially if they're tasty, delicious and sort-of bite size! While the orange zest sounded good - I skipped this step so I could say that I had everything I needed to make this recipe without going to the store... YEAH!

We don't do "dainty" around here (or tea for that matter) and so that description just won't work here... I had to beef them up a little bit. The word "buttons" was actually a stretch too.

I got 9 "brownies" instead of 16.




Batch #1 - these lasted about 10 minutes - the caramel drizzle version went first.







Batch #2 - looked really good. Looks can be deceiving though - unsweetened baking chocolate DOES NOT MAKE GOOD BROWNIES!

They kind of boiled while in the over - that should have been a clue. They quickly went into the trash...



Batch #3 - perfect brownies, the embellishment should have stopped.... The "who shot the brownie and why wasn't the bleeding stopped" comments didn't help them stay around for very long! I guess I should have stopped with just adding a blueberry which actually looked pretty good...

9 comments:

  1. Yum! I love these too! Great pictures of all the goodies on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, caramel drizzle! The frosting looks great too - love the swirl of frosting with the colored sprinkles. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always scaling down batches whenever I bake because we can never finish it all. I get jealous when people can make more than one batch because you get to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you are an over achiever! 3 batches? I only made two! Only because I neglected to get photos of my first batch.... duh. These look great Jeff - hm, the second batch could be dipped in super sweet something or another, rather than the trash! Can't decide which ones I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caramel drizzle over a frosted brownie? Will you bake me a batch please? =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The caramel drizzle sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful - your caramel drizzle sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'd be all over that first batch, too. yum!

    ReplyDelete