- Two 9x13 layers of Yellow Layer Cake from Baking Illustrated was a terrific starting point - it was very moist, dense and delicious.
- Caramel Buttercream Frosting between the layers from a cookbook called "cupcakes" by Shelly Kaldunski - this could become one of my new favorite frostings!
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from seriouscakes on YouTube - this is definitely one of my favorites (it pipes and holds up well without being too sweet)!
- Homemade caramel was drizzled between the rosettes and in the small rectangle in the center of the cake.
- A few milk chocolate chips topped the rosettes and added just a little bit of color.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Tonya was named "Employee Of The Year" and will be representing the clinic in the statewide "Employee Of The Year" competition.
This called for a celebration and celebrations call for cake!
My thought was that this would be a great afternoon snack - there was only one piece left by 11:30.....
Good luck Tonya on the statewide competition - I'm thinking another cake will be in order.....